Grand Rapids, MI (July 2, 2014) – The world’s most visited Christian website, the online Bible search engine Bible Gateway (BibleGateway.com; @BibleGateway), has remade its site to include new functions for users to personalize their online experience.
“We’ve worked a long time on this, to make sure we carefully and properly meet the expectations of the hundreds of millions of users of Bible Gateway,” says Rachel Barach, general manager. “Our new design now gives them a streamlined experience that’s easier to navigate, while retaining the reliable and fast Bible search engine they’ve come to know, love, and use every day.”
Features of the new site include all the attributes of the existing site that have led Christianity Today magazine to call it “the world’s leading Bible website” plus:
- * a responsive design that automatically adjusts to the proper screen size of the user, whether it’s a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone
- * custom registration that allows users to set up accounts to begin taking personal notes on, and color highlight, the Scripture verses they read
- * easier navigation between pages
- * designed presentation of Bible, devotional, and reference content
- * synchronization of notes and highlights between a user’s multiple devices
- * a dropdown complete Bible book list on the homepage for easier browsing
BibleGateway.com was visited 456 million times in 2013, generating 1.5 billion views spread over 76 million hours by individuals whose majority ages were between 18-34. People from 242 countries and territories used the site last year, including Vatican City, Israel, Palestine, China, Vietnam, Cuba, and North Korea. The top 10 countries using BibleGateway.com are USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Mexico, Philippines, Colombia, Singapore, and South Africa.
BibleGateway.com is the number one search result for Bible-related matters on Google, Bing, Aol., YAHOO!, and other global search engines.
Celebrating its 20th anniversary, Bible Gateway is the original multilingual Internet Bible, offering Christian Scripture (including the Apocrypha) in more than 70 languages and more than 180 Bible versions, along with supporting Bible reference dictionaries and commentaries. It also publishes more than 60 free email Bible reading plans and devotional newsletters. It’s Bible Gateway App for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Kindle Fire, used by millions, is the winner of the Christian New Media Award for Christian Mobile/Tablet App of the Year. C|NET says the Bible Gateway App “is one of the cleanest, most efficient apps for interacting with the Bible that you can find for your Android” and “can’t be topped by other Bible apps.”
About Bible Gateway
As the Internet’s largest Christian website, Bible Gateway seeks to equip people to read and understand the Bible, wherever they are. Celebrating 20 years online, Bible Gateway offers free access to the Bible in more than 70 languages and 180 different translations. Bible Gateway’s website and app are visited by more than 18 million unique visitors per month. The company is part of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc. Please visit Bible Gateway at www.biblegateway.com.
- Bible Gateway: http://www.biblegateway.com/
- Bible Gateway devotional page: http://www.biblegateway.com/devotionals/
- Bible Gateway newsletter signup page: http://www.biblegateway.com/newsletters/