News Release Archive | Newsroom
A Separate Membership Service that Provides a Banner Ad-Free Experience for Bible Gateway Users and Instant Access to Digital Bible References
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (February 18, 2016)—In addition to its substantial free Bible content and functionality, Bible Gateway (BibleGateway.com; @BibleGateway), the world’s leading Bible website, is now providing its millions of users a way to augment their online Scripture reading and study with no banner ads and more Bible study content.
Bible Gateway Plus (BibleGateway.com/plus) is the new membership program that allows members—for a nominal fee of only $3.99/month following a 30-day free trial—to read, search, and study the Bible free of distractions from banner advertisements. Subscribers also have 24/7 access from any Web-friendly computer or device to a valuable library of bestselling and critically-acclaimed digital Bible study resources that complement the study of any Bible translation.
“We’re excited to launch Bible Gateway Plus as an additional way our millions of users can personalize their experience with Bible Gateway, deepen their understanding of Scripture, and support Bible Gateway’s global mission of equipping people to read and understand the Bible wherever they are,” says Rachel Barach, general manager of Bible Gateway. “We’re inviting people to try Bible Gateway Plus for the first time by offering a 30-day free trial so they can easily see for themselves how this will enrich their ongoing spiritual development. And at only $3.99 per month following the free trial, we know Bible Gateway Plus will be an easy choice for all who wish to invest in their spiritual growth and biblical understanding.”
Included in the subscription are some of the most popular study Bibles in the world, including:
- NIV Study Bible Notes: More than 20,000 study notes from the world’s most popular study Bible, written by the best evangelical scholars and covering archaeology, character insights, personal application, and more.
- NIV Once-a-Day Easter Readings: Especially appropriate during Lent, this book features 40 daily readings with NIV Scripture passages, meditations, and prayer prompts examining the Passion narratives in the Gospels. Achieve a greater understanding of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus during this glorious season of the year.
- King James Study Bible Notes: A comprehensive collection of digital notes and study material by respected scholars, from archaeology notes to personality profiles to doctrinal annotations.
- How to Read the Bible Book by Book: Reading the Bible doesn’t have to be a haphazard journey through strange and bewildering territory. Like an experienced tour guide, this digital resource takes you by the hand and walks you through the Scriptures.
- NKJV MacArthur Study Bible Notes: The perfect companion to serious online Bible study, drawing on decades of pastoral and scholarly work by respected scholar Dr. John MacArthur.
- NIV Quest Study Bible Notes: Top scholars offer insightful answers to more than 7,000 common questions, clarifying the Bible’s most puzzling and challenging passages.
- Case for Christianity Answer Book: Posing the most-asked questions about Christianity, investigative journalist and former atheist Lee Strobel digs deep into Scripture to offer compelling answers. A handy reference of devotional reading that will help you defend your faith!
Other works accessible with Bible Gateway Plus include:
- Case for Christ Study Bible Notes
- Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible Notes (NASB and NKJV)
- Couples’ Devotional Bible (NIV) Notes
- Chronological Study Bible
- Dad’s Devotional Bible
- Expositor’s Bible Commentary – Abridged Edition: New Testament
- Expositor’s Bible Commentary – Abridged Edition: Old Testament
- Fulfilled: The Bible for Single Women (Notes Only)
- Grace for the Moment Daily Bible Notes
- Gospel Awakening: Sermons of D. L. Moody
- Halley’s Bible Handbook with the New International Version
- Infamous Idols of the Bible: An Olive Tree Guide
- Lucado Life Lessons Study Bible (NKJV)
- Mounce’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words
- New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology
- New International Encyclopedia of Bible Characters
- New International Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties
- New Spirit-Filled Life Bible
- NIV Discover God’s Heart Devotional Bible
- NIV First-Century Study Bible Notes
- NIV Once-A-Day 30 Days to Authentic Christian Leadership
- NIV Once a Day Easter Devotions
- NIV Student Bible Notes
- NKJV Start! The Bible for New Believers
- NKJV Study Bible Notes
- Olive Tree Bible Maps
- Olive Tree Bible Overview
- Olive Tree Names of God Dictionary
- Olive Tree One Year Daily Devotional
- Olive Tree Places of the Bible: 100 Important Biblical Locations
- Words of Cheer for Daily Life
- Words of Wisdom for Daily Life
- Zondervan Bible Commentary: One-Volume Illustrated Edition
- Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary (Old Testament)
- Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary (New Testament)
Bible Gateway is ranked number one on global search engines and is the most visited Christian website in the world by users in more than 200 countries. Among its many free features are the abilities to:
- access more than 200 Bible versions in more than 70 languages
- listen to Bible audio
- comprehensively search the Bible using keywords and phrases
- read translator footnotes within the context of Bible verses
- highlight and favorite Bible passages
- write notes while reading Bible verses and save them to a personal account
- easily share Bible verses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, email, and print
- free download of award-winning Bible Gateway App
- sign up for customizable Bible reading plans
- select from more than 60 email and online devotionals
- learn personal Scripture engagement principles and techniques
- discover new books and read Bible-related articles and interviews on the Bible Gateway Blog.
About Bible Gateway
As the Internet’s largest Christian website, Bible Gateway seeks to equip people to read and understand the Bible, wherever they are. Celebrating more than 20 years online, Bible Gateway offers free access to the Bible in more than 200 different versions and more than 70 languages. Bible Gateway’s website and app are visited by more than 18 million unique visitors per month. The company is part of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc. Please visit Bible Gateway at www.biblegateway.com.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jonathan Petersen, Marketing Manager, Bible Gateway