God alone has the ability to save his people from slavery and captivity. God’s redemptive will and power is demonstrated in his deliverance of Israel from bondage in Egypt, and supremely through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
God redeems his people from difficult personal circumstances
Ps 34:22See alsoIsa 29:22 Abraham was redeemed from the land of idolatry to become God’s servant; Job 19:25 Job, in the midst of his despair, declares God to be his redeemer; Ps 31:4-5 part of the psalmist’s prayer for deliverance when confronted by an evil conspiracy; La 3:58 the lamentor recognises personal redemption within the context of national despair
Dictionary of Bible Themes Scripture index copyright Martin H. Manser, 2009. As Editor, Martin Manser wishes to thank all those who compiled or edited the NIV Thematic Study Bible, on which this work is based.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial.
Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. The next step is to enter your payment information. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. You can cancel anytime during the trial period.
Click the button below to continue.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your subscription.
You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate of $3.99/month, click the button below.
Now that you've created a Bible Gateway account, upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, the ultimate online Bible reading & study experience! For just a few dollars each month, Bible Gateway Plus gives you:
• A complete digital Bible study library integrated with your Bible Gateway account, with no expensive software to install.
• Access to 40+ study & reference books including the NIV Study Bible, the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, and the MacArthur Study Bible.
• Special during April only: full access to the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible
• An ad-free Bible Gateway experience.
• A risk-free, 30-day trial—you can cancel any time.