All the Men of the Bible - Monday, September 9, 2013
Jedaiah [Jēdā'iah]—jehovah is praise or jehovah knoweth.
- A descendant of Simeon (1 Chron. 4:37).
- A man of Harumaph who repaired the part of the wall near his own house (Neh. 3:10).
- A descendant of Aaron whose family came up from Jerusalem (1 Chron. 9:10; 24:7; Ezra 2:36; Neh. 7:39).
- A chief of the priests who returned with Zerubbabel (Neh. 11:10; 12:6, 19; Zech. 6:10, 14).
- Another priest with the same history (Neh. 12:7, 21).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.
Have All the Men of the Bible delivered to your inbox!