If you’re a Christian, do you know what you believe?
You probably know the basics of Christianity reasonably well. But do you know why it’s important to believe them? Would you be able to explain and defend those beliefs if challenged?
And what about those troubling questions about God, evil, and the Bible? Questions about the reliability of the Bible have long caused Christians to doubt, and in just the last few weeks we’ve been faced again with the frightening, upsetting question How can a loving God allow evil to exist? Have these questions ever bothered you—and could you provide answers?These might seem like abstract questions, but the way we answer them has a profound influence on how we live out our faith every day. Every Christ-follower stands to gain from thinking through the claims of Christianity and asking those tough but important questions. Which is why we’re pleased to announce one last set of new email devotionals for the New Year: Essential Truths of the Christian Faith and Tough Questions with R.C. Sproul, two powerful study resources from one of the most beloved pastors and theologians of the modern church.
Each of these devotionals consists of a weekly essay tackling a different subject:
- Essential Truths of the Christian Faith walks through the fundamentals of Christianity from start to finish. From Creation to Revelation, Heaven to Hell, sin to salvation, R.C. Sproul talks about each of the key concepts of Christianity and why it’s important for your faith.
- Tough Questions with R.C. Sproul is exactly what it sounds like: direct responses to the toughest questions Christians are asked (or ask themselves). You won’t find evasive answers or dismissive responses here: this is one of modern Christianity’s great thinkers offering his answers to all those challenging questions you’ve always wanted to ask.
If you’ve ever read anything by R.C. Sproul or heard him speak, you know that he balances intellectual credibility with an accessible, non-intimidating style. Whether you’re completely new to Christianity or are a pastor with years of seminary behind you, you’ll learn something from Sproul’s thorough approach to “the basics.”
Like all of our email devotionals, these two resources are free to anyone who signs up. Sign up today, and you’ll receive the first devotional essays as soon as they begin in early January!
- Lee Strobel’s “Investigating Faith” newsletter begins tomorrow
- Investigate the Christian faith with Lee Strobel
- “Questions Answered” Newsletter: Straight Answers to Tough Questions About the Bible
- Salt and Light: A Light-hearted Cartoon About Faith
- Two New Daily Devotionals: Tabletalk Devotions and Coram Deo!