Here are a few interesting links and notes from the past few weeks:
- Dr. Scott Carrol, working under the auspices of the ultra-rich owners of Hobby Lobby, has amassed an impressive collection of 40,000 Biblical antiquities. It’s called the Green Collection and you can read more about it at bibleplaces.com and christianpost.com.
- A series on the history of the KJV-Only movement has begun over at dbts.edu. Read the first part, and the second.
- BetterBibles brings up Rodney Decker’s deep review of the NIV 2011 update.
- FutilityCloset—easily one of the internet’s best sites for random minutiae and trivia—writes that “The largest prime number in the Bible is 22273 (Numbers 3:43).”
- Cliff Vaugn has listed out 10 funny Bible verses—Bible passages that he thinks are (intentionally) funny. Any favorite funny moments from Scripture that you’d add to the list?
- Link Roundup: Glo Bible, Well-Designed Bibles, and More
- Link Roundup: Music, Literature, and Sin City
- Link Roundup: Steve Jobs, Rev. Shuttlesworth, and More
- Link Roundup (Lent Edition)
- Link Roundup: Heresy, Church History, and Rocks
Posted by Chris