Here’s a list of a few interesting links we’ve run across over the past week:
- Congrats to Glo Bible, which tops the list of USA Today’s “10 coolest apps for fall.” If you haven’t checked out Glo Bible yet, give their free “lite” version a try—it includes the full NIV translation.
- Bible Design Blog is a blog dedicated to the “physical form of the Good Book”—design, binding, typeface, and more. Most Bible discussion focuses, quite naturally, on the content—but given the amount of time we (ought to) use our Bibles, the physical design is more important than you might think. Here’s a nice overview of design points to keep in mind when looking for a new Bible.
- A Christianity Today editorial weighs in on recent controversy regarding the NIV, “dynamic equivalence,” and other Bible translation items in the news.
- Should we understand the Sermon on the Mount to be primarily about the Law, or about the Gospel? An interesting question, and a good excuse to re-read the Sermon on the Mount while you think about it.
- The dangers of translation—a warning from the translators of the King James Bible.