a people against whom King Uzziah waged a successful war. (2 Chronicles 26:7) The name is the plural of Maon [Maon]. Another notice of the Mehunims in the reign of Hezekiah (cir. B.C. 726-697) is found in (1 Chronicles 4:41) Here they are spoken of as it pastoral people, either themselves Hamites or in alliance with Hamites quiet and peaceable, dwelling in tents. Here, however, the Authorized Version treats the word as an ordinary noun and renders it "habitations." The latest appearance of the name Mehunims in the Bible is in the lists of those who returned front the captivity with Zerubbabel. (Ezra 2:50) Authorized Version "Mehunim;" (Nehemiah 7:52) Authorized Version "Meunim."
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial.
Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. The next step is to enter your payment information. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. You can cancel anytime during the trial period.
Click the button below to continue.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your subscription.
You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate of $3.99/month, click the button below.
Now that you've created a Bible Gateway account, upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, the ultimate online Bible reading & study experience! For just a few dollars each month, Bible Gateway Plus gives you:
• A complete digital Bible study library integrated with your Bible Gateway account, with no expensive software to install.
• Access to 40+ study & reference books including the NIV Study Bible, the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, and the MacArthur Study Bible.
• Special during April only: full access to the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible
• An ad-free Bible Gateway experience.
• A risk-free, 30-day trial—you can cancel any time.