47:15boundary. The boundaries detailed here (vv. 15–20) mention a number of sites that are not known, but they roughly correspond to other such lists (Num. 34:1–12; 1 Kin. 8:65). However, the allocation of the land (ch. 48) is quite different from the historical boundaries of the tribes. The eastern and western boundaries are easy to identify: on the east, the boundary began in the headwaters of the Jordan south of Damascus, down the Jordan River, and along the western shore of the Dead Sea; on the west, the border was the Mediterranean Sea. The northern and southern borders are more difficult to establish: in the north, the line began near Tyre and proceeded east to a point north of the Sea of Galilee; in the south, it ran from a point below the Dead Sea to the Brook of Egypt (the Wadi el-Arish) on the Mediterranean coast.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial.
Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. The next step is to enter your payment information. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. You can cancel anytime during the trial period.
Click the button below to continue.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your subscription.
You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate of $3.99/month, click the button below.
Upgrade to remove banner ads and unlock new features!
You've successfully created your account! For the ultimate Bible Gateway experience, consider upgrading Bible Gateway Plus to get the most out of your new account. For just a few dollars each month, a Bible Gateway Plus upgrade gives you:
• A complete digital Bible study library integrated with your Bible Gateway account, with no expensive software to install.
• Access to 40+ study & reference books including the NIV Study Bible, the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, and the MacArthur Study Bible.
• Special during April only: full access to the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible
• An ad-free Bible Gateway experience.
• A risk-free, 30-day trial—you can cancel any time.