28:1serve me as priests. First and foremost, the priests were to serve as mediators between God and man. As priests and representatives of a holy God, Aaron and his sons participated in the holiness of the tabernacle and were held to strict standards of ritual purity (Lev. 21:1–22:16). In addition to their ceremonial duties, such as offering sacrifices and caring for the place of worship, they acted as judges (Deut. 17:8–13), dispensed blessings (Num. 6:22–27), gave oracles (Num. 27:21), and taught God’s law to the people (Deut. 33:10).
Nadab and Abihu. These two sons of Aaron were killed for unlawful activity (Lev. 10:1–2). Aaron was succeeded by Eleazar (Deut. 10:6).
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial.
Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. The next step is to enter your payment information. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. You can cancel anytime during the trial period.
Click the button below to continue.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your subscription.
You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate of $3.99/month, click the button below.
Upgrade to remove banner ads and unlock new features!
You've successfully created your account! For the ultimate Bible Gateway experience, consider upgrading Bible Gateway Plus to get the most out of your new account. For just a few dollars each month, a Bible Gateway Plus upgrade gives you:
• A complete digital Bible study library integrated with your Bible Gateway account, with no expensive software to install.
• Access to 40+ study & reference books including the NIV Study Bible, the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, and the MacArthur Study Bible.
• Special during April only: full access to the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible
• An ad-free Bible Gateway experience.
• A risk-free, 30-day trial—you can cancel any time.