2:13my spirit was not at rest. Paul had hoped that Titus would meet him at Troas and report that the letter of rebuke had been well received. When Titus failed to appear, Paul was deeply troubled.
I took leave of them. A great opportunity for effective ministry did not make Paul turn aside from his prior commitment to care for the Corinthian church and straighten out its problems. Paul continued to feel a deep concern for all his churches (11:28, 29).
to Macedonia. Paul went first to Philippi, then perhaps to Thessalonica or Berea before Titus came. Acts 16:8–18:1 describes the previous journey of Paul along this route. At this point the narrative of his relationship with the Corinthian church is interrupted until 7:5, and Paul inserts an extensive digression on the nature of the new covenant ministry in which he is engaged.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial.
Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. The next step is to enter your payment information. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. You can cancel anytime during the trial period.
Click the button below to continue.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your subscription.
You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate of $3.99/month, click the button below.
Upgrade to remove banner ads and unlock new features!
You've successfully created your account! For the ultimate Bible Gateway experience, consider upgrading Bible Gateway Plus to get the most out of your new account. For just a few dollars each month, a Bible Gateway Plus upgrade gives you:
• A complete digital Bible study library integrated with your Bible Gateway account, with no expensive software to install.
• Access to 40+ study & reference books including the NIV Study Bible, the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, and the MacArthur Study Bible.
• Special during April only: full access to the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible
• An ad-free Bible Gateway experience.
• A risk-free, 30-day trial—you can cancel any time.