11:4another Jesus . . . different spirit . . . different gospel. The strongholds, arguments, and pretensions (10:4, 5) of Paul’s opponents so distort the truth that their so-called “Jesus,” “spirit,” and “gospel” differ radically from what Paul has preached (1 Cor. 1:18–2:16; cf. Gal. 1:6–9). The “different gospel” of the opponents conforms to worldly ways of thinking so much that Paul and his apostolic ministry—a ministry manifesting the death of Jesus through adversity and suffering (4:7–18; 6:4–10; cf. 1 Cor. 4:8–13)—is despised and rejected in favor of ministries which satisfy the current taste for eloquence, philosophical wisdom, and spectacular displays of spiritual power (cf. 1 Cor. 1:22–25).
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial.
Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. The next step is to enter your payment information. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. You can cancel anytime during the trial period.
Click the button below to continue.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your subscription.
You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate of $3.99/month, click the button below.
Now that you've created a Bible Gateway account, upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, the ultimate online Bible reading & study experience! For just a few dollars each month, Bible Gateway Plus gives you:
• A complete digital Bible study library integrated with your Bible Gateway account, with no expensive software to install.
• Access to 40+ study & reference books including the NIV Study Bible, the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, and the MacArthur Study Bible.
• Special during April only: full access to the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible
• An ad-free Bible Gateway experience.
• A risk-free, 30-day trial—you can cancel any time.