10:4weapons. Prayer, the proclamation of the powerful Word of God, and the authority to drive away demonic opposition (Acts 16:18; Eph. 6:10–18). Also, there was a kind of powerful apostolic authority not often discussed, but apparent in the fate of Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 15:1–11) and Elymas (Acts 13:8–12).
strongholds. Paul is talking about spiritual strongholds, that is, centers of demonic opposition to the gospel (1 Pet. 5:8, 9; 1 John 5:19). Paul knew his opponents at Corinth were servants of Satan (11:14, 15), but that did not frighten him, for the power of the Holy Spirit within him was far greater.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial.
Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. The next step is to enter your payment information. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. You can cancel anytime during the trial period.
Click the button below to continue.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your subscription.
You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate of $3.99/month, click the button below.
Upgrade to remove banner ads and unlock new features!
You've successfully created your account! For the ultimate Bible Gateway experience, consider upgrading Bible Gateway Plus to get the most out of your new account. For just a few dollars each month, a Bible Gateway Plus upgrade gives you:
• A complete digital Bible study library integrated with your Bible Gateway account, with no expensive software to install.
• Access to 40+ study & reference books including the NIV Study Bible, the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, and the MacArthur Study Bible.
• Special during April only: full access to the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible
• An ad-free Bible Gateway experience.
• A risk-free, 30-day trial—you can cancel any time.