While the captain of the host of the king of Syria who was honorable, had great influence with the king, and was a mighty man of valor is named—Naaman—his wife is unidentified. Naaman had been stricken with leprosy although the case was not so severe as to incapacitate him for his conspicuous military service. Such a condition must have caused his nameless wife much concern, and when her maid told her of the wonder-working prophet in Samaria who could cure her husband of his loathsome malady, eager to try anything that would relieve him she told him of what her maid had said. Evidently the testimony of the little Jewess sounded convincing, for when Naaman’s wife repeated it, and the king of Syria came to know of it, action was taken to contact Elisha. How fortunate a wife is when she has a faithful maid as Naaman’s wife had!
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial.
Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. The next step is to enter your payment information. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. You can cancel anytime during the trial period.
Click the button below to continue.
Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your subscription.
You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate of $3.99/month, click the button below.
Now that you've created a Bible Gateway account, upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, the ultimate online Bible reading & study experience! For just a few dollars each month, Bible Gateway Plus gives you:
• A complete digital Bible study library integrated with your Bible Gateway account, with no expensive software to install.
• Access to 40+ study & reference books including the NIV Study Bible, the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, and the MacArthur Study Bible.
• Special during April only: full access to the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible
• An ad-free Bible Gateway experience.
• A risk-free, 30-day trial—you can cancel any time.