New Revised Standard Version
23 You who fear the Lord, praise him!
All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him;
stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Israel!
24 For he did not despise or abhor
the affliction of the afflicted;
he did not hide his face from me,[a]
but heard when I[b] cried to him.
25 From you comes my praise in the great congregation;
my vows I will pay before those who fear him.
26 The poor[c] shall eat and be satisfied;
those who seek him shall praise the Lord.
May your hearts live forever!
27 All the ends of the earth shall remember
and turn to the Lord;
and all the families of the nations
shall worship before him.[d]
28 For dominion belongs to the Lord,
and he rules over the nations.
29 To him,[e] indeed, shall all who sleep in[f] the earth bow down;
before him shall bow all who go down to the dust,
and I shall live for him.[g]
30 Posterity will serve him;
future generations will be told about the Lord,
31 and[h] proclaim his deliverance to a people yet unborn,
saying that he has done it.
- Psalm 22:24 Heb him
- Psalm 22:24 Heb he
- Psalm 22:26 Or afflicted
- Psalm 22:27 Gk Syr Jerome: Heb you
- Psalm 22:29 Cn: Heb They have eaten and
- Psalm 22:29 Cn: Heb all the fat ones
- Psalm 22:29 Compare Gk Syr Vg: Heb and he who cannot keep himself alive
- Psalm 22:31 Compare Gk: Heb it will be told about the Lord to the generation, 31 they will come and