Disciples’ Literal New Testament
Two Witnesses Prophesy And Torment The Earth For 1260 Days
11 And a measuring-rod resembling a staff was given[a] to me, saying “Arise, and measure[b] the temple[c] of God, and the altar, and the ones worshiping in it. 2 And put the court outside of the temple on-the-outside, and do not measure it, because it was given to the Gentiles[d]. And they will trample the holy city for forty and two months. 3 And I will give authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for one-thousand two-hundred sixty days, having been clothed-with[e] sackcloth. 4 These are the two olive-trees and the two lampstands standing in the presence of the Lord of the earth. 5 And if anyone is intending[f] to harm them, fire comes-out of their mouth and devours their enemies. Indeed, if anyone should intend to harm them, in this manner he must be killed. 6 These ones have the authority to shut the heaven in-order-that no rain may fall for the days of [g] their prophecy. And they have authority over the waters— to be turning them into blood— and authority to strike the earth[h] with every plague, as often as they may want. 7 And when they finish their testimony, the beast coming up out of the abyss will make war against them, and overcome them, and kill them. 8 And their corpse will be on the wide-road of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt— where also their Lord was crucified. 9 And some from the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations look-at their corpse for three and a half days. And they do not permit their corpses to be put in a tomb. 10 And the ones dwelling upon the earth[i] rejoice over them and celebrate. And they will send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented the ones dwelling upon the earth. 11 And after the three and a half days, a breath[j] of life from God entered in them, and they stood on their feet. And great fear fell upon the ones seeing them. 12 And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come-up here”. And they went-up into heaven in the cloud, and their enemies watched them. 13 And at that hour a great earthquake took place, and a tenth of the city fell. And seven thousand names of people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest became terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven”.
14 The second woe passed-away. Behold— the third woe is coming quickly.
The Seventh Trumpet, The Third Woe
15 And the seventh angel trumpeted. And there came loud voices in heaven, saying “The kingdom of the world became[k] the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ. And He will reign forever and ever”. 16 And the twenty four elders sitting on their thrones in the presence of God fell on their faces and gave-worship to God, 17 saying “We give-thanks to You, Lord God Almighty, the One Who is and Who was[l], because You have taken Your great power, and You began to reign[m]. 18 And the nations became-angry. And Your wrath came, and the time for the dead to be judged, and to give the reward to Your slaves the prophets, and the saints, and[n] the ones fearing Your name, the small and the great, and to destroy the ones destroying[o] the earth”.
Vision 3: The Three Signs In Heaven
- Revelation 11:1 That is, by the angel in 10:9; or, the giver is not named.
- Revelation 11:1 That is, to mark off what belongs to God.
- Revelation 11:1 That is, the inner sanctuary, the Holy Place and Holy of Holies.
- Revelation 11:2 Or, nations.
- Revelation 11:3 Or, having put-on.
- Revelation 11:5 Or, wanting.
- Revelation 11:6 That is, of their prophetic activity.
- Revelation 11:6 Or, land.
- Revelation 11:10 Or, land.
- Revelation 11:11 Or, spirit.
- Revelation 11:15 Or, was made.
- Revelation 11:17 Note that ‘and Who is coming’ is not stated this time (compare 1:4, 8; 4:8), perhaps because He has now come.
- Revelation 11:17 Or, You became king, You [openly, publicly] reigned.
- Revelation 11:18 Or, even.
- Revelation 11:18 Or, corrupting.
- Revelation 11:19 That is, the box containing.
- Revelation 11:19 See 4:5; 8:5.