New King James Version
The Corrupt Church
18 “And to the [a]angel of the church in Thyatira write,
‘These things says the Son of God, (A)who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: 19 (B)“I know your works, love, [b]service, faith, and your [c]patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. 20 Nevertheless I have [d]a few things against you, because you allow [e]that woman (C)Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, [f]to teach and seduce My servants (D)to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. 21 And I gave her time (E)to [g]repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. 22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of [h]their deeds. 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who (F)searches[i] the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.
24 “Now to you I say, [j]and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not have this doctrine, who have not known the (G)depths of Satan, as they say, (H)I [k]will put on you no other burden. 25 But hold fast (I)what you have till I come. 26 And he who overcomes, and keeps (J)My works until the end, (K)to him I will give power over the nations—
27 ‘He(L) shall rule them with a rod of iron;
They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels’—
as I also have received from My Father; 28 and I will give him (M)the morning star.
29 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’Read full chapter
- Revelation 2:18 Or messenger
- Revelation 2:19 NU, M faith, service
- Revelation 2:19 perseverance
- Revelation 2:20 NU, M against you that you tolerate
- Revelation 2:20 M your wife Jezebel
- Revelation 2:20 NU, M and teaches and seduces
- Revelation 2:21 NU, M repent, and she does not want to repent of her sexual immorality.
- Revelation 2:22 NU, M her
- Revelation 2:23 examines
- Revelation 2:24 NU, M omit and
- Revelation 2:24 NU, M omit will