Tree of Life Version
22 Then the angel showed me a river of the water of life—bright as crystal,[a] flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the city’s street. On either side of the river was a tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. [b] 3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in the city, and His servants shall serve Him. 4 They shall see His face,[c] and His name shall be on their foreheads. [d] 5 Night shall be no more, and people will have no need for lamplight or sunlight—for Adonai Elohim will shine on them.[e] And they shall reign forever and ever!
Yeshua Is Coming
6 He said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true! Adonai, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent His angel to show His servants what must happen soon. [f] 7 Behold, I am coming soon! How fortunate is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”
8 I, John, am the one hearing and seeing these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel showing me these things. 9 But he tells me, “See that you do not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets and those keeping the words of this book. Worship God!”
10 Then he tells me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. [g] 11 Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do righteousness, and the holy still be holy. [h] 12 Behold, I am coming soon, and My reward is with Me, to pay back each one according to his deeds.
13 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. [i] 14 How fortunate are those who wash their robes,[j] so that they may have the right to the Tree of Life[k] and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the sexually immoral and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. 16 I, Yeshua, have sent My angel to testify these things to you for My communities. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”[l]
17 The Ruach and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come—let the one who wishes freely take the water of life! [m] 18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book. If anyone adds to them, God shall add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his share in the Tree of Life and the Holy City,[n] which are written in this book.
- Revelation 22:1 cf. Ps. 46:4; Ezek. 47:1; Zech. 14:8.
- Revelation 22:3 cf. Gen. 2:9; Ezek. 47:12.
- Revelation 22:4 cf. Exod. 33:11; Ps 17:15; 27:8-10.
- Revelation 22:5 cf. Exod. 39:30.
- Revelation 22:5 cf. Isa. 60:19.
- Revelation 22:7 cf. Amos 3:7.
- Revelation 22:11 cf. Dan. 8:26; 12:4.
- Revelation 22:12 cf. Dan. 12:10.
- Revelation 22:14 cf. Isa. 44:6; 48:12.
- Revelation 22:14 Some mss. read do His commandments.
- Revelation 22:14 cf. Gen. 2:9; 3:22; Prov. 3:18; 11:30.
- Revelation 22:16 cf. Isa. 11:1.
- Revelation 22:18 cf. Isa. 55:1.
- Revelation 22:19 cf. Deut. 4:2; 12:32.
- Revelation 22:21 Some mss. say Even so, come, Lord Yeshua.
- Revelation 22:21 Some mss. add the holy ones (Heb. kedoshim) and Amen.