1599 Geneva Bible
98 1 An earnest exhortation to all creatures to praise the Lord for his power, mercy and fidelity in his promise by Christ, 10 by whom he hath communicated his salvation to all nations.
2 The Lord declared his [c]salvation: his righteousness hath he revealed in the sight of the nations.
3 He hath [d]remembered his mercy and his truth toward the house of Israel: all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
4 All the earth, sing ye loud unto the Lord: cry out and rejoice, and sing praises.
5 Sing praise to the Lord upon the harp, even upon the harp with a singing voice.
6 With [e]shalms and sound of trumpets sing loud before the Lord the king.
7 Let the sea roar, and all that therein is, the world, and they that dwell therein.
8 Let the floods clap their hands, and let the mountains rejoice together,
9 Before the Lord: for he is come to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world: and the people with equity.
- Psalm 98:1 That is, some song newly made in token of their wonderful deliverance by Christ.
- Psalm 98:1 He preserveth his Church miraculously.
- Psalm 98:2 For the deliverance of his Church.
- Psalm 98:3 God was moved by none other means to gather his Church of the Jews and Gentiles, but because he would perform his promise.
- Psalm 98:6 By this repetition and earnest exhortation to give praises with instruments, and also of the dumb creatures, he signifieth that the world is never able to praise God sufficiently for their deliverance.