Lexham English Bible
Confidence in God’s Protection
61 Hear, O God, my cry;
attend to my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth[c] I call to you
when my heart grows faint.
You will lead me to a rock that is higher than I.
3 For you have been my refuge,
a strong tower from the enemy.
4 Let me reside in your tent forever.
Let me take refuge under the covering of your wings. Selah
5 For you, O God, you have heard my vows.
You have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
6 You will add days to the days of the king,
his years like those of many generations.[d]
7 May he live[e] forever in the presence of God.
Appoint loyal love and faithfulness to preserve him.
8 So I will sing the praise of your name forever,
that I may fulfill[f] my vows daily.[g]
- Psalm 61:1 Reading with many Hebrew manuscripts and several translations
- Psalm 61:1 The Hebrew Bible counts the superscription as the first verse of the psalm; the English verse number is reduced by one
- Psalm 61:2 Or “the far reaches of the land”
- Psalm 61:6 Literally “a generation and a generation”
- Psalm 61:7 Or “be enthroned”
- Psalm 61:8 Or “pay”
- Psalm 61:8 Literally “day, day”