1599 Geneva Bible
61 1 Whether that he were in danger of the Ammonites, or being pursued of Absalom, here he crieth to be heard and delivered, 7 And confirmed in his kingdom. 8 He promiseth perpetual praises.
To him that excelleth on Neginoth. A Psalm of David.
1 Hear my cry, O God: give ear unto my prayer.
3 For thou hast been my hope, and a strong tower against the enemy.
4 I will dwell in thy Tabernacle forever, and my trust shall be under the covering of thy wings. Selah.
5 For thou, O God, [c]hast heard my desires; thou hast given an heritage unto those that fear thy Name.
6 Thou shalt give the King a [d]long life; his years shall be as many ages.
7 He shall dwell before God forever; prepare [e]mercy and faithfulness, that they may preserve him.
8 So will I always sing praise unto thy Name, in performing daily my vows.
- Psalm 61:2 From the place where I was banished, being driven out of the city and Temple by my son Absalom.
- Psalm 61:2 Unto the which without thy help I cannot attain.
- Psalm 61:5 There is nothing that doth more strengthen our faith, than the remembrance of God’s succor in times past.
- Psalm 61:6 This chiefly is referred to Christ, who liveth eternally not only in himself, but also in his members.
- Psalm 61:7 For the stability of my kingdom standeth in thy mercy and truth.