New American Standard Bible
8 ‘Ask of Me, and (A)I will surely give (B)the [a]nations as Your inheritance,
And the very (C)ends of the earth as Your possession.
9 ‘You shall [b](D)break them with a [c]rod of iron,
You shall (E)shatter them like [d]earthenware.’”
10 Now therefore, O kings, (F)show discernment;
Take warning, O [e]judges of the earth.
11 [f]Worship the Lord with [g](G)reverence
And rejoice with (H)trembling.
12 [h]Do homage to (I)the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish in the way,
For (J)His wrath may [i]soon be kindled.
How blessed are all who (K)take refuge in Him!
- Psalm 2:8 Or Gentiles
- Psalm 2:9 Another reading is rule
- Psalm 2:9 Or scepter or staff
- Psalm 2:9 Lit potter’s ware
- Psalm 2:10 Or leaders
- Psalm 2:11 Or Serve
- Psalm 2:11 Or fear
- Psalm 2:12 Lit Kiss; some ancient versions read Do homage purely, or, Lay hold of instruction
- Psalm 2:12 Or quickly, suddenly, easily