Lexham English Bible
The Path of the Righteous and the Path of the Wicked
112 Praise Yah![a]
Blessed is the man who fears Yahweh;
he takes great delight in his commands.
2 His descendants[b] will be mighty in the land;
the generation of the upright will be blessed.
3 Wealth and riches are in his house,
and his righteousness endures forever.
4 His light rises in the darkness for the upright;
he is gracious and compassionate and righteous.
5 It goes well for a man who is gracious and lends,
who conducts his business properly.[c]
6 For he will not be shaken forever;
the righteous will be remembered forever.[d]
7 He is not afraid of bad news;
his heart is steadfast, secure[e] in Yahweh.
8 His heart is sustained; he will not be afraid,
until he looks in triumph on his enemies.
9 He gives lavishly[f] to the needy;
his righteousness endures forever.
His horn rises high in honor.
10 The wicked[g] sees it and is vexed.
He gnashes his teeth and becomes weak.[h]
The desire of the wicked[i] perishes.
- Psalm 112:1 Hebrew hallelujah
- Psalm 112:2 Literally “seed”
- Psalm 112:5 Literally “matters in justice”
- Psalm 112:6 Literally “will be for an eternal remembrance”
- Psalm 112:7 Or “full of trust”
- Psalm 112:9 Literally “He distributes freely, he gives”
- Psalm 112:10 Singular
- Psalm 112:10 Literally “and melts”
- Psalm 112:10 Plural