New American Standard Bible
Prayer for Victory over Enemies.
For the choir director. A Psalm of David.
20 May the Lord answer you (A)in the day of trouble!
May the (B)name of the (C)God of Jacob set you securely on high!
2 May He send you help (D)from the sanctuary
And (E)support you from Zion!
3 May He (F)remember all your meal offerings
And (G)find your burnt offering [a]acceptable! [b]Selah.
4 May He grant you your (H)heart’s desire
And (I)fulfill all your [c]counsel!
5 [d]We will (J)sing for joy over your [e]victory,
And in the name of our God we will (K)set up our banners.
May the Lord (L)fulfill all your petitions.
6 Now (M)I know that the Lord saves His anointed;
He will (N)answer him from His holy heaven
With the [f](O)saving strength of His right hand.
7 Some [g]boast in chariots and some in (P)horses,
But (Q)we [h]will boast in the name of the Lord, our God.
8 They have (R)bowed down and fallen,
But we have (S)risen and stood upright.
9 [i](T)Save, O Lord;
May the (U)King answer us in the day we call.
- Psalm 20:3 Lit fat
- Psalm 20:3 Selah may mean: Pause, Crescendo or Musical interlude
- Psalm 20:4 Or purpose
- Psalm 20:5 Or Let us sing
- Psalm 20:5 Or salvation
- Psalm 20:6 Or mighty deeds of the victory of His right hand
- Psalm 20:7 Or praise chariots, or trust, or are strong through
- Psalm 20:7 Lit make mention of; or praise the name
- Psalm 20:9 Or O Lord, save the king; answer us