Lexham English Bible
Praise to Yahweh for His Help
146 Praise Yah.[a]
Praise Yahweh, O my soul.
2 I will praise Yahweh while I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I am still alive.
3 Do not place trust in princes,
in a son of humankind with whom there is no deliverance.
4 His breath departs; he returns to his plot;[b]
on that day his plans perish.
5 Blessed is the one whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is on Yahweh as his God,
6 who made heaven and earth,
the sea and all that is in them,
the one who keeps faith[c] forever,
7 who executes justice for the oppressed,
who gives food for the hungry.
Yahweh sets prisoners free;
8 Yahweh opens the eyes of the blind;
Yahweh raises up those bowed down;
Yahweh loves the righteous;
9 Yahweh protects[d] the strangers.
He helps up the orphan and the widow,
but the way of the wicked he thwarts.[e]
10 Yahweh will reign forever,
Your God, O Zion, throughout all generations.[f]
- Psalm 146:1 Hebrew hallelujah
- Psalm 146:4 A Hebrew wordplay: “humankind,” adam (v. 3), returns to his ground/plot, adamah
- Psalm 146:6 Or “remains faithful”
- Psalm 146:9 Or “watches over”
- Psalm 146:9 Literally “makes crooked”
- Psalm 146:10 Literally “for a generation and a generation”
- Psalm 146:10 Hebrew hallelujah
2012 by Logos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark of Logos Bible Software