1599 Geneva Bible
128 He showeth that blessedness appertaineth not to all universally, but to them only that fear the Lord, and walk in his ways.
A song of degrees.
1 Blessed is everyone that feareth the Lord, and walketh in his [a]ways.
2 When thou eatest the labors of thine [b]hands, thou shalt be blessed, and it shall be well with thee.
3 Thy wife shall be as the fruitful vine on the sides of thine house, and thy [c]children like the olive plants round about thy table.
4 Lo, surely thus shall the man be blessed, that feareth the Lord.
6 Yea, thou shalt see thy children’s children, and peace upon Israel.
- Psalm 128:1 God approveth not our life, except it be reformed according to his word.
- Psalm 128:2 The world esteemeth them happy, which live in wealth and idleness: but the holy Ghost approveth them best that live of the mean profit of their labors.
- Psalm 128:3 Because God’s favor appeareth in none outward thing, more than in increase of children, he promiseth to enrich the faithful with this gift.
- Psalm 128:5 Because of the spiritual blessing which God hath made to his Church, these temporal things shall be granted.
- Psalm 128:5 For except God blessed his Church publicly, this private blessing were nothing.