Disciples’ Literal New Testament
Beloved, Fight For The Faith Against Those Seeking To Change Grace Into License
3 Beloved, while making every effort to be writing to you concerning our common salvation, I had the necessity to write to you exhorting you to be contending[e] for the faith having been delivered once-for-all to the saints. 4 For certain persons sneaked-in[f]— the ones formerly[g] having been portrayed[h] for this judgment, ungodly ones— changing[i] the grace of our God into sensuality and denying our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
Remember: The Lord Punished The Unbelieving And The Immoral
5 Now I want to remind you— you knowing[j] all things— that the Lord[k], having once[l] saved[m] the people out of the land of Egypt, afterwards destroyed the ones not having believed. 6 And He has kept[n] angels— the ones not having kept their own domain[o], but having left-behind[p] their own dwelling[q]— in eternal bonds[r] under gloom for the judgment of the great day. 7 Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them in like manner to these[s]— having indulged-in-sexual-immorality and gone after other flesh— are set-forth as an example, undergoing the penalty[t] of eternal fire.
Yet These People Defile The Flesh And Reject God’s Authority. Woe To Them
8 Yet in the same way also these dreaming ones are defiling the flesh and rejecting authority[u] and blaspheming[v] glories[w]! 9 Now Michael the archangel[x], when he was speaking concerning the body of Moses while disputing with the devil, did not dare to bring[y] a judgment of blasphemy, but said, “May the Lord rebuke you”. 10 But these ones— whatever things they do not understand, they blaspheme; and whatever things they know instinctually like unreasoning animals, by these they are being destroyed. 11 Woe to them, because they went in the way of Cain, and they poured-forth[z] in the error of Balaam for wages, and they perished[aa] in the rebellion of Korah.
Enoch Prophesied God Would Execute Judgment Against These Ungodly Stains
12 These ones are the ones who are spots[ab] in your love-feasts, feasting-with[ac] you fearlessly, tending[ad] themselves; waterless clouds being carried-along by winds; fruitless autumn trees having died twice, having been uprooted; 13 wild waves of the sea foaming-up their shames; wandering stars for whom the gloom of darkness has been reserved forever. 14 But indeed Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied with regard to these ones, saying, “Behold— the Lord came with His holy myriads 15 to execute judgment against all, and to convict every soul concerning all their works of [ae] ungodliness which they did-godlessly, and concerning all the harsh things which ungodly sinners spoke against Him”.
Remember That The Apostles Prophesied of These Mockers Pursuing Their Ungodly Desires
16 These ones are grumblers[af], faultfinders, proceeding in accordance with their own desires. And their mouth speaks pompous words, marveling-at[ag] faces for the sake of advantage. 17 But you, beloved, remember the words having been spoken-beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ— 18 that they were saying to you that “In the last time there will be mockers proceeding in accordance with their own desires of [ah] ungodliness”.
But You, Beloved, Keep Yourselves In The Love of God
19 These ones are the ones causing-divisions[ai]— natural ones, not having the Spirit. 20 But you, beloved, while building-up yourselves on[aj] your most holy faith, while praying in[ak] the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God while waiting-for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ for eternal life. 22 And be having-mercy-on[al] some doubting[am] ones. 23 And be saving[an] others, snatching them out of the fire. And be having-mercy-on others with fear while hating even the tunic[ao] having been stained by the flesh.
24 Now to the One being able to keep[ap] you from-stumbling[aq] and to make you stand in the presence of His glory without-blemish with gladness[ar], 25 to the only God our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority before[as] every age, and now, and for[at] all ages, amen.
- Jude 1:1 Or, Judas, Judah.
- Jude 1:1 Or, in.
- Jude 1:1 Or, protected, guarded.
- Jude 1:1 Or, for, in.
- Jude 1:3 Or, fighting, struggling.
- Jude 1:4 Or, crept-in.
- Jude 1:4 Or, already, long-ago, all-this-time. The word can refer to hours or centuries in the past.
- Jude 1:4 Or, written-of.
- Jude 1:4 Or, more negatively, perverting.
- Jude 1:5 Jude may mean although you are knowing; or, since you are knowing.
- Jude 1:5 that the Lord. Some manuscripts say ‘that Jesus’.
- Jude 1:5 Or, once-for-all, as in v 3. Some manuscripts instead have this word earlier, ‘knowing all things once-for-all’.
- Jude 1:5 Or, delivered.
- Jude 1:6 Or, reserved.
- Jude 1:6 Or, rule. That is, their sphere or position or place of rule and authority.
- Jude 1:6 Or, more negatively, abandoned.
- Jude 1:6 Or, home, abode, habitation, dwelling-place.
- Jude 1:6 Or, bindings.
- Jude 1:7 That is, in like manner to these [previous two examples]... are set forth. The similarity is in their judgment by God, as in 2 Pet 2:6. Or, in like manner to these [angels] having indulged in sexual immorality and gone after other flesh. The similarity is in their sin.
- Jude 1:7 Or, punishment.
- Jude 1:8 Or, lordship, dominion.
- Jude 1:8 Or, speaking-against.
- Jude 1:8 Or, dignities, majesties.
- Jude 1:9 That is, ruler of angels, chief angel.
- Jude 1:9 Or, pronounce.
- Jude 1:11 Or, poured-themselves into, rushed into.
- Jude 1:11 Or, lost-themselves, were destroyed.
- Jude 1:12 Or, stains. Or, reefs, hidden-rocks.
- Jude 1:12 love-feasts, feasting with you fearlessly, tending themselves. Or, love-feasts while feasting-with you, tending themselves without-fear.
- Jude 1:12 Or, feeding, pasturing.
- Jude 1:15 That is, characterized by; ungodly works.
- Jude 1:16 Or, complainers.
- Jude 1:16 Or, admiring; and thus, flattering.
- Jude 1:18 That is, characterized by, proceeding from, for.
- Jude 1:19 Or, making separations.
- Jude 1:20 Or, in, by.
- Jude 1:20 Or, by, in-the-sphere-of, in-connection-with.
- Jude 1:22 Or, showing-mercy-to.
- Jude 1:22 Or, wavering. Some manuscripts say, Be having mercy on some, making a distinction; that is, separating them out for special attention, as this word is used in Jam 2:4.
- Jude 1:23 Some manuscripts say as v 23, And be saving others with fear, snatching them out of the fire, while hating...flesh.
- Jude 1:23 That is, undershirt.
- Jude 1:24 Or, guard, protect.
- Jude 1:24 Or, not-stumbling.
- Jude 1:24 Or, great-joy.
- Jude 1:25 before every age. Or, before all time.
- Jude 1:25 and for all ages. Or, and forever.