1599 Geneva Bible
42 Therefore Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, then would ye love me: for I proceeded forth, and came from God, neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my [a]talk? because ye cannot hear my word.
44 (A)Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do: he hath been a murderer from the [b]beginning, and [c]abode not in the [d]truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, then speaketh he of his [e]own: for he is a liar, and the [f]father thereof.Read full chapter
- John 8:43 Or, language: as though he said, you do no more understand what I say, than if I spake in a strange and unknown language to you.
- John 8:44 From the beginning of the world: for as soon as man was made, the devil cast him headlong into death.
- John 8:44 That is, continued not constantly, or remained not.
- John 8:44 That is, in faithfulness, and uprightness, that is, kept not his creation.
- John 8:44 Even of his own head, and of his own brain or disposition.
- John 8:44 The author thereof.