International Standard Version
Israel’s Praise to the Lord
12 At that time,[a] you will say:
“I will praise you, Lord,
for although you were angry with me,
your anger has turned away,
and you have comforted me.
2 “Look! God—yes God—is[b] my salvation;
I will trust, and not be afraid.
For the Lord[c] is my strength and my song,[d]
and he has become my salvation.”
3 You will draw water joyfully from the wells of salvation. And you will say at that time:[e]
4 “Give thanks to the Lord;
call on his name.
Make known his actions
among the nations.
Proclaim that his name is exalted.
5 “Sing praises to the Lord,[f]
because he has acted gloriously,
being made[g] known in all the world.
6 Shout aloud, and sing for joy,
you who live in Zion,
because great in your midst
is the Holy One of Israel.”
- Isaiah 12:1 Lit. day
- Isaiah 12:2 So 1QIsaa; MT reads Look! God is; LXX reads Look! The Lord is the God of
- Isaiah 12:2 So 1QIsaa MTmss LXX; MT reads Lord God
- Isaiah 12:2 So 1QIsaa MTmss LXX; MT reads a song
- Isaiah 12:3 Lit. say in that day
- Isaiah 12:5 So 1QIsaa; MT reads to the Lord; LXX reads to the name of the Lord
- Isaiah 12:5 So Isaa MTqere Syr Targ; the Heb. lacks made