Disciples’ Literal New Testament
High Priests Are Called By God From Among Men To Offer Sacrifices For Sins
5 For every high priest being taken from-among men is appointed for people in the things pertaining to God, in order that he might offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins— 2 being able to deal-gently with the ones being ignorant and going-astray since he himself is also surrounded with weakness. 3 And because of it[a], he is obligated to be offering sacrifices for sins— just as for the people, so also for himself. 4 And one does not take the honor to himself, but receives it being called by God, just as also Aaron.
So Also Jesus Was Made High Priest By God
5 So also, Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but the One having said to Him [in Ps 2:7] “You are My Son. Today I have fathered You” did, 6 just as also in another place He says “You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek” [Ps 110:4],
Although Being a Son, He Learned Obedience From His Sufferings
7 ... Who, in the days of His flesh[b] having offered both petitions and supplications[c] with a strong outcry and tears to the One being able to save Him from[d] death[e], and having been heard because of His reverence[f], 8 although being a Son[g], learned obedience from the things which He suffered[h].
And Jesus Became The Cause of Salvation, As High Priest In The Order of Melchizedek
This Is Hard To Explain To You
For You Are Still Immature In The Word
12 For indeed, [although] being obligated to be teachers because of the time, you again have a need that someone be teaching you the elements[p] of [q] the beginning[r] concerning the oracles[s] of God. And you have become ones having a need of milk and not of solid[t] food. 13 For everyone partaking of milk is inexperienced in the word of [u] righteousness, for he is an infant. 14 But the solid food is for the mature— the ones because of habit[v] having their faculties[w] trained for discernment of both good and evil.
- Hebrews 5:3 That is, his weakness.
- Hebrews 5:7 Or, in His days of the flesh.
- Hebrews 5:7 Or, pleadings.
- Hebrews 5:7 Or, out of.
- Hebrews 5:7 That is, peril of death; or, dying; or, physical death (through resurrection).
- Hebrews 5:7 Or, piety, devotion, godly fear.
- Hebrews 5:8 That is, One whose essential quality is that He is God’s own Son.
- Hebrews 5:8 Jesus learned obedience to God’s will from undeserved suffering, rather than from the consequences of personal sin.
- Hebrews 5:9 That is, as a human, by the sufferings.
- Hebrews 5:9 Or, source, grounds.
- Hebrews 5:10 Or, addressed, named.
- Hebrews 5:11 That is, Melchizedek. Or, which; that is, Christ as High Priest.
- Hebrews 5:11 That is, great in length (long); or, great in quality (deep, profound).
- Hebrews 5:11 That is, difficult to put in words you will understand.
- Hebrews 5:11 Or, lazy, dull.
- Hebrews 5:12 Or, fundamentals, basics.
- Hebrews 5:12 That is, belonging to.
- Hebrews 5:12 Or, first thing.
- Hebrews 5:12 Or, sayings.
- Hebrews 5:12 In this context, solid food refers to teaching about Christ as High Priest.
- Hebrews 5:13 That is, about, leading to.
- Hebrews 5:14 Or, practice, constant use.
- Hebrews 5:14 That is, moral senses.