New English Translation
34 “I am the servant of Abraham,” he began. 35 “The Lord has richly blessed my master and he has become very wealthy.[d] The Lord[e] has given him sheep and cattle, silver and gold, male and female servants, and camels and donkeys.Read full chapter
- Genesis 24:33 tn Heb “and food was placed before him.”
- Genesis 24:33 tn Heb “my words.”
- Genesis 24:33 tc Some ancient textual witnesses have a plural verb, “and they said.”tn Heb “and he said, ‘Speak.’” The referent (Laban) has been specified in the translation for clarity.
- Genesis 24:35 tn Heb “become great.” In this context the statement refers primarily to Abraham’s material wealth, although reputation and influence are not excluded.
- Genesis 24:35 tn Heb “and he.” The referent (the Lord) has been specified in the translation for clarity.
New International Version
33 Then food was set before him, but he said, “I will not eat until I have told you what I have to say.”
“Then tell us,” Laban said.
34 So he said, “I am Abraham’s servant.(A) 35 The Lord has blessed(B) my master abundantly,(C) and he has become wealthy.(D) He has given him sheep and cattle, silver and gold, male and female servants, and camels and donkeys.(E)Read full chapter