New International Version
5 Then Jacob left Beersheba,(A) and Israel’s(B) sons took their father Jacob and their children and their wives in the carts(C) that Pharaoh had sent to transport him. 6 So Jacob and all his offspring went to Egypt,(D) taking with them their livestock and the possessions(E) they had acquired(F) in Canaan. 7 Jacob brought with him to Egypt(G) his sons and grandsons and his daughters and granddaughters—all his offspring.(H)
8 These are the names of the sons of Israel(I) (Jacob and his descendants) who went to Egypt:
Reuben the firstborn(J) of Jacob.
9 The sons of Reuben:(K)
10 The sons of Simeon:(N)
11 The sons of Levi:(Q)
12 The sons of Judah:(U)
The sons of Perez:(AA)
Hezron and Hamul.(AB)
13 The sons of Issachar:(AC)
14 The sons of Zebulun:(AF)
Sered, Elon and Jahleel.
16 The sons of Gad:(AI)
17 The sons of Asher:(AK)
Imnah, Ishvah, Ishvi and Beriah.
Their sister was Serah.
The sons of Beriah:
Heber and Malkiel.
19 The sons of Jacob’s wife Rachel:(AN)
21 The sons of Benjamin:(AT)
Bela, Beker, Ashbel, Gera, Naaman, Ehi, Rosh, Muppim, Huppim and Ard.(AU)
22 These were the sons of Rachel(AV) who were born to Jacob—fourteen in all.
26 All those who went to Egypt with Jacob—those who were his direct descendants, not counting his sons’ wives—numbered sixty-six persons.(BB) 27 With the two sons[f] who had been born to Joseph in Egypt,(BC) the members of Jacob’s family, which went to Egypt, were seventy[g] in all.(BD)
- Genesis 46:13 Samaritan Pentateuch and Syriac (see also 1 Chron. 7:1); Masoretic Text Puvah
- Genesis 46:13 Samaritan Pentateuch and some Septuagint manuscripts (see also Num. 26:24 and 1 Chron. 7:1); Masoretic Text Iob
- Genesis 46:15 That is, Northwest Mesopotamia
- Genesis 46:16 Samaritan Pentateuch and Septuagint (see also Num. 26:15); Masoretic Text Ziphion
- Genesis 46:20 That is, Heliopolis
- Genesis 46:27 Hebrew; Septuagint the nine children
- Genesis 46:27 Hebrew (see also Exodus 1:5 and note); Septuagint (see also Acts 7:14) seventy-five