1599 Geneva Bible
7 The end of all the land of Israel shall suddenly come.
1 Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
2 Also thou son of man, thus saith the Lord God, An end is come unto the land of Israel: the end is come upon the four corners of the land.
3 Now is the end come upon thee, and I will send my wrath upon thee, and will judge thee according to thy ways, and will lay upon thee all [a]thine abominations.
4 Neither shall mine eye spare thee, neither will I have pity: but I will lay thy ways upon thee: and thine abomination shall be in the midst of thee, and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
5 Thus saith the Lord God, [b]Behold, one evil, even one evil is come.
6 An end is come, the end is come, it [c]watched for thee: behold, it is come.
8 Now I will shortly pour out my wrath upon thee, and fulfill mine anger upon thee: I will judge thee according to thy ways, and will lay upon thee all thine abominations.
9 Neither shall mine eye spare thee, neither will I have pity, but I will lay upon thee according to thy ways, and thine abominations shall be in the midst of thee, and ye shall know that I am the Lord that smiteth.
13 For he that selleth, shall not [l]return to that which is sold, although they were yet alive: for the [m]vision was unto all the multitude thereof, and they returned not, [n]neither doth any encourage himself in the punishment of his life.
14 [o]They have blown the trumpet, and prepared all, but none goeth to the battle: for my wrath is upon all the multitude thereof.
15 The sword is without, and the pestilence, and the famine within: he that is in the field, shall die with the sword, and he that is in the city, famine and pestilence shall devour him.
16 But they that flee away from them, shall escape, and shall be in the mountains, like the doves of the valleys: all they shall mourn, every one for his iniquity.
17 (A)All hands shall be weak, and all knees shall fall away as water.
18 (B)They shall also gird themselves with sackcloth, and fear shall cover them, and shame shall be upon all faces, and baldness upon their heads.
19 They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be cast far off: their (C)silver and their gold cannot deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: for this ruin is for their iniquity.
20 He had also set the beauty of his [p]ornament in majesty: but they made images of their abominations, and of their idols therein: therefore have I set it far from them.
21 And I will give it into the hands of the [q]strangers to be spoiled, and to the wicked of the earth to be robbed, and they shall pollute it.
22 My face will I turn also from them, and they shall pollute my [r]secret place: for the destroyers shall enter into it, and defile it.
24 Wherefore I will bring the most wicked of the heathen, and they shall possess their houses: I will also make the pomp of the mighty to cease, and their [u]holy places shall be defiled.
25 When destruction cometh, they shall seek peace, and shall not have it.
26 Calamity shall come upon calamity, and rumor shall be upon rumor: then shall they seek a vision of the Prophet: but the Law shall perish from the Priest, and counsel from the Ancient.
27 The king shall mourn, and the prince shall be clothed with desolation, and the hands of the people in the land shall be troubled: I will do unto them according to their ways, and according to their judgments will I judge them, and they shall know that I am the Lord.
- Ezekiel 7:3 I will punish thee as thou hast deserved for thine idolatry.
- Ezekiel 7:5 Or, behold, evil cometh after evil.
- Ezekiel 7:6 He showeth that the judgments of God ever watch to destroy the sinners, which notwithstanding he delayeth till there be no more hope of repentance.
- Ezekiel 7:7 The beginning of his punishments is already come.
- Ezekiel 7:7 Which was a voice of joy and mirth.
- Ezekiel 7:10 The scourge is in a readiness.
- Ezekiel 7:10 That is, the proud tyrant Nebuchadnezzar, hath gathered his force and is ready.
- Ezekiel 7:11 This cruel enemy shall be a sharp scourge for their wickedness.
- Ezekiel 7:11 Their own affliction shall be so great, that they shall have no regard to lament for others.
- Ezekiel 7:12 For the present profit.
- Ezekiel 7:12 For he shall lose nothing.
- Ezekiel 7:13 In the year of the Jubilee, meaning that none should enjoy the privilege of the law, Lev. 25:13, for they should all be carried away captives.
- Ezekiel 7:13 This vision signified, that all should be carried away, and none should return for the Jubilee.
- Ezekiel 7:13 No man for all this endeavoreth himself, or taketh heart to repent for his evil life. Some read, for none shall be strengthened in his iniquity of his life: meaning, that they should gain nothing by flattering themselves in evil.
- Ezekiel 7:14 The Israelites made a brag, but their hearts failed them.
- Ezekiel 7:20 Meaning, the Sanctuary.
- Ezekiel 7:21 That is, of the Babylonians.
- Ezekiel 7:22 Which signifieth the most holy place, whereinto none might enter but the high Priest.
- Ezekiel 7:23 Signifying, that they should be bound and led away captives.
- Ezekiel 7:23 That is, of sins that deserve death.
- Ezekiel 7:24 Which was the Temple that was divided into three parts, Ps. 63:35.