Holman Christian Standard Bible
33 This is the blessing that Moses, the man of God, gave the Israelites before his death.(A) 2 He said:
The Lord came from Sinai
and appeared to them from Seir;
He shone on them from Mount Paran
and came with ten thousand holy ones,[a]
with lightning[b] from His right hand[c] for them.(B)
3 Indeed He loves the people.[d](C)
All Your[e] holy ones[f] are in Your hand,
and they assemble[g] at Your feet.
Each receives Your words.
4 Moses gave us instruction,
a possession for the assembly of Jacob.
5 So He became King in Jeshurun[h]
when the leaders of the people gathered
with the tribes of Israel.
- Deuteronomy 33:2 LXX reads Mount Paran with ten thousands from Kadesh
- Deuteronomy 33:2 Or fiery law; Hb obscure
- Deuteronomy 33:2 Or ones, from His southland to the mountain slopes
- Deuteronomy 33:3 Or peoples
- Deuteronomy 33:3 Lit His, or its
- Deuteronomy 33:3 Either the saints of Israel or angels
- Deuteronomy 33:3 Hb obscure
- Deuteronomy 33:5 = Upright One, referring to Israel