American Standard Version
24 Seventy weeks are decreed upon thy people and upon thy holy city, [a]to finish [b]transgression, and [c]to make an end of sins, and to [d]make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up vision and [e]prophecy, and to anoint [f]the most holy. 25 Know therefore and discern, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto [g]the anointed one, the prince, shall be [h]seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: it shall be built again, with street and moat, even in troublous times. 26 And after the threescore and two weeks shall the anointed one be cut off, and [i]shall have nothing: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and even unto the end shall be war; desolations are determined. 27 And he shall make a firm covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the [j]oblation to cease; and [k]upon the wing of abominations shall come one that maketh desolate; and even unto the full end, and that determined, shall wrath be poured out upon the desolate.Read full chapter
- Daniel 9:24 Or, to restrain
- Daniel 9:24 Or, the transgression
- Daniel 9:24 Another reading is, to seal up.
- Daniel 9:24 Or, purge away
- Daniel 9:24 Hebrew prophet.
- Daniel 9:24 Or, a most holy place
- Daniel 9:25 Hebrew Messiah.
- Daniel 9:25 Or, seven weeks: and threescore and two weeks, it shall be etc.
- Daniel 9:26 Or, there shall be none belonging to him
- Daniel 9:27 Or, meal-offering
- Daniel 9:27 Or, upon the pinnacle of abominations shall be etc.