2 Corinthians 4:13-15
New English Translation
13 But since we have the same spirit of faith as that shown in[a] what has been written, “I believed; therefore I spoke,”[b] we also believe, therefore we also speak. 14 We do so[c] because we know that the one who raised up Jesus[d] will also raise us up with Jesus and will bring us with you into his presence. 15 For all these things are for your sake, so that the grace that is including[e] more and more people may cause thanksgiving to increase[f] to the glory of God.Read full chapter
- 2 Corinthians 4:13 tn Grk “spirit of faith according to.”
- 2 Corinthians 4:13 sn A quotation from Ps 116:10.
- 2 Corinthians 4:14 tn Grk “speak, because.” A new sentence was started here in the translation, with the words “We do so” supplied to preserve the connection with the preceding statement.
- 2 Corinthians 4:14 tc ‡ Several significant witnesses (א C D F G Ψ 1881), as well as the Byzantine text, add κύριον (kurion) here, changing the reading to “the Lord Jesus.” Although the external evidence in favor of the shorter reading is slim, the witnesses are significant, early, and diverse (P46 B [0243 33] 629  1175*  r sa). Very likely scribes with pietistic motives added the word κύριον, as they were prone to do, thus compounding this title for the Lord.
- 2 Corinthians 4:15 tn Or “that is abounding to.”
- 2 Corinthians 4:15 tn Or “to abound.”