2 Thessalonians 3
New American Standard Bible
3 (A)Finally, brethren, (B)pray for us that (C)the word of the Lord will [a]spread rapidly and be glorified, just as it did also with you; 2 and that we will be (D)rescued from [b]perverse and evil men; for not all have [c]faith. 3 But (E)the Lord is faithful, [d]and He will strengthen and protect you [e]from (F)the evil one. 4 We have (G)confidence in the Lord concerning you, that you (H)are doing and will continue to do what we command. 5 May the Lord (I)direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ.
6 Now we command you, brethren, (J)in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you [f](K)keep away from every brother who [g]leads an [h](L)unruly life and not according to (M)the tradition which [i]you received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to [j](N)follow our example, because we did not act in an undisciplined manner among you, 8 nor did we (O)eat [k]anyone’s bread [l]without paying for it, but with (P)labor and hardship we kept (Q)working night and day so that we would not be a burden to any of you; 9 not because we do not have (R)the right to this, but in order to offer ourselves (S)as a model for you, so that you would [m]follow our example. 10 For even (T)when we were with you, we used to give you this order: (U)if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either. 11 For we hear that some among you are (V)leading an undisciplined life, doing no work at all, but acting like (W)busybodies. 12 Now such persons we command and (X)exhort in the Lord Jesus Christ to (Y)work in quiet fashion and eat their own bread. 13 But as for you, (Z)brethren, (AA)do not grow weary of doing good.
14 If anyone does not obey our [n]instruction [o](AB)in this letter, take special note of that person [p](AC)and do not associate with him, so that he will be (AD)put to shame. 15 Yet (AE)do not regard him as an enemy, but [q](AF)admonish him as a (AG)brother.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:1 Lit run
- 2 Thessalonians 3:2 Lit improper
- 2 Thessalonians 3:2 Or the faith
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3 Lit who will
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3 Or from evil
- 2 Thessalonians 3:6 Or avoid
- 2 Thessalonians 3:6 Lit walks disorderly
- 2 Thessalonians 3:6 Or undisciplined
- 2 Thessalonians 3:6 One early ms reads they
- 2 Thessalonians 3:7 Lit imitate us
- 2 Thessalonians 3:8 Lit from anyone
- 2 Thessalonians 3:8 Lit freely
- 2 Thessalonians 3:9 Lit imitate us
- 2 Thessalonians 3:14 Lit word
- 2 Thessalonians 3:14 Lit through
- 2 Thessalonians 3:14 Lit not to associate
- 2 Thessalonians 3:15 Or keep admonishing
- 2 Thessalonians 3:16 Lit way
- 2 Thessalonians 3:17 Lit The greeting by my hand of Paul