2 Thessalonians 3
New American Standard Bible
Request for Prayer
3 (A)Finally, brothers and sisters, (B)pray for us that (C)the word of the Lord will [a]spread rapidly and be glorified, just as it was also with you; 2 and that we will be (D)rescued from troublesome and evil people; for not all have the faith. 3 But (E)the Lord is faithful, [b]and He will strengthen and protect you [c]from (F)the evil one. 4 We have (G)confidence in the Lord concerning you, that you (H)are doing, and will do, what we command. 5 May the Lord (I)direct your hearts to the love of God and to the perseverance of Christ.
6 Now we command you, brothers and sisters, (J)in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you [d](K)keep away from every brother or sister who [e]leads a [f](L)disorderly life and not one in accordance with (M)the tradition which [g]you received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to [h](N)follow our example, because we did not act in an undisciplined way among you, 8 nor did we (O)eat [i]anyone’s bread [j]without paying for it, but with (P)labor and hardship we kept (Q)working night and day so that we would not be a burden to any of you; 9 not because we do not have (R)the right to this, but in order to offer ourselves (S)as a role model for you, so that you would [k]follow our example. 10 For even (T)when we were with you, we used to give you this order: (U)if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either. 11 For we hear that some among you are (V)leading an undisciplined life, doing no work at all, but acting like (W)busybodies. 12 Now we command and (X)exhort such persons in the Lord Jesus Christ to (Y)work [l]peacefully and eat their own bread. 13 But as for you, (Z)brothers and sisters, (AA)do not grow weary of doing good.
14 If anyone does not obey our [m]instruction [n](AB)in this letter, take special note of that person so as (AC)not to associate with him, so that he will be (AD)put to shame. 15 And yet (AE)do not regard that person as an enemy, but [o](AF)admonish that one as a (AG)brother or sister.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:1 Lit run
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3 Lit who will
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3 Or from evil
- 2 Thessalonians 3:6 Or avoid
- 2 Thessalonians 3:6 Lit walks disorderly
- 2 Thessalonians 3:6 Or undisciplined
- 2 Thessalonians 3:6 One early ms they
- 2 Thessalonians 3:7 Or imitate us
- 2 Thessalonians 3:8 Lit from anyone
- 2 Thessalonians 3:8 Lit freely
- 2 Thessalonians 3:9 Or imitate us
- 2 Thessalonians 3:12 Lit with quietness
- 2 Thessalonians 3:14 Lit word
- 2 Thessalonians 3:14 Lit through
- 2 Thessalonians 3:15 Or keep admonishing
- 2 Thessalonians 3:16 Lit way
- 2 Thessalonians 3:17 Lit The greeting by my hand of Paul