2 Corinthians 3:17-18
Disciples’ Literal New Testament
17 Now the Lord[a] is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom! 18 But[b] we all with a face having been unveiled, while reflecting[c] the glory of the Lord as a mirror, are being transformed into the same image from glory[d] to glory, just-as[e] from the Lord[f], the Spirit.Read full chapter
- 2 Corinthians 3:17 That is, the Lord in Moses’ case (v 16) is the Spirit today; or, the Lord (Christ) is the OT ‘Spirit of the Lord’ in our experience of God today.
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 Now Paul makes an application from Moses to us, completing what he began in v 13. We are not like Moses who veiled his face... But we all are being transformed.
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 Or, looking at. Moses did both.
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 That is, from glory to more glory (not fading); or, from His glory to our glory.
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 That is, just as would be expected.
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 That is, the Lord who is the Spirit; or, the Spirit who is the Lord; or, the Lord of the Spirit (that is, who sends the Spirit).