1 Chronicles 1:5-27
New King James Version
5 (A)The sons of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras. 6 The sons of Gomer were Ashkenaz, [a]Diphath, and Togarmah. 7 The sons of Javan were Elishah, [b]Tarshishah, Kittim, and [c]Rodanim.
8 (B)The sons of Ham were Cush, Mizraim, Put, and Canaan. 9 The sons of Cush were Seba, Havilah, [d]Sabta, [e]Raama, and Sabtecha. The sons of Raama were Sheba and Dedan. 10 Cush (C)begot Nimrod; he began to be a mighty one on the earth. 11 Mizraim begot Ludim, Anamim, Lehabim, Naphtuhim, 12 Pathrusim, Casluhim (from whom came the Philistines and the (D)Caphtorim). 13 (E)Canaan begot Sidon, his firstborn, and Heth; 14 the Jebusite, the Amorite, and the Girgashite; 15 the Hivite, the Arkite, and the Sinite; 16 the Arvadite, the Zemarite, and the Hamathite.
17 The sons of (F)Shem were Elam, Asshur, (G)Arphaxad, Lud, Aram, Uz, Hul, Gether, and [f]Meshech. 18 Arphaxad begot Shelah, and Shelah begot Eber. 19 To Eber were born two sons: the name of one was [g]Peleg, for in his days the [h]earth was divided; and his brother’s name was Joktan. 20 (H)Joktan begot Almodad, Sheleph, Hazarmaveth, Jerah, 21 Hadoram, Uzal, Diklah, 22 [i]Ebal, Abimael, Sheba, 23 Ophir, Havilah, and Jobab. All these were the sons of Joktan.Read full chapter
- 1 Chronicles 1:6 Riphath, Gen. 10:3
- 1 Chronicles 1:7 Tarshish, Gen. 10:4
- 1 Chronicles 1:7 Dodanim, Gen. 10:4
- 1 Chronicles 1:9 Sabtah, Gen. 10:7
- 1 Chronicles 1:9 Raamah, Gen. 10:7
- 1 Chronicles 1:17 Mash, Gen. 10:23
- 1 Chronicles 1:19 Lit. Division, Gen. 10:25
- 1 Chronicles 1:19 Or land
- 1 Chronicles 1:22 Obal, Gen. 10:28