1 Chronicles 20
New King James Version
Rabbah Is Conquered(A)
20 It(B) happened [a]in the spring of the year, at the time kings go out to battle, that Joab led out the armed forces and ravaged the country of the people of Ammon, and came and besieged Rabbah. But (C)David stayed at Jerusalem. And (D)Joab defeated Rabbah and overthrew it. 2 Then David (E)took their king’s crown from his head, and found it to weigh a talent of gold, and there were precious stones in it. And it was set on David’s head. Also he brought out the [b]spoil of the city in great abundance. 3 And he brought out the people who were in it, and [c]put them to work with saws, with iron picks, and with axes. So David did to all the cities of the people of Ammon. Then David and all the people returned to Jerusalem.
Philistine Giants Destroyed(F)
4 Now it happened afterward (G)that war broke out at [d]Gezer with the Philistines, at which time (H)Sibbechai the Hushathite killed [e]Sippai, who was one of the sons of [f]the giant. And they were subdued.
6 Yet again (J)there was war at Gath, where there was a man of great stature, with twenty-four fingers and toes, six on each hand and six on each foot; and he also was born to [h]the giant. 7 So when he defied Israel, Jonathan the son of [i]Shimea, David’s brother, killed him.
8 These were born to the giant in Gath, and they fell by the hand of David and by the hand of his servants.
- 1 Chronicles 20:1 Lit. at the return of the year
- 1 Chronicles 20:2 plunder
- 1 Chronicles 20:3 LXX cut them with
- 1 Chronicles 20:4 Gob, 2 Sam. 21:18
- 1 Chronicles 20:4 Saph, 2 Sam. 21:18
- 1 Chronicles 20:4 Or Raphah
- 1 Chronicles 20:5 Jaare-Oregim, 2 Sam. 21:19
- 1 Chronicles 20:6 Or Raphah
- 1 Chronicles 20:7 Shammah, 1 Sam. 16:9 or Shimeah, 2 Sam. 21:21