Enjoy some holiday reading this weekend:
- Why We Need Jesus: Why something more than human reason is necessary for us to know God.
- Twelve Reasons for Christmas from the most definitive source on the subject.
- Five Common Myths About the Christmas Story. How many of these were you aware of?
- How December 25 Became Christmas, in case you’ve ever wondered.
- God With Us at Sandy Brook: Finding “Emmanuel” in the aftermath of horror.
- What the first Christmas was really like: debunking a few more common misconceptions about the Christmas story.
- The Foolish Wisdom of Bilbo Baggins: not strictly Christmas-related, but let’s be honest, we’re all going to see The Hobbit over Christmas vacation, right?
- The Twelve Voices of Christmas: the classic Christmas audio dramatization from Back to the Bible.
- Charles Spurgeon on Christmas: “Immanuel, God with us in our nature, in our sorrow, in our lifework, in our punishment, in our grave, and now with us…”
- The Christmas truce: when the peace of Christmas appeared (however briefly) during World War I.
- Who was Saint Nicholas? The strange and fun history of the Santa Claus myth.
- Ordinary people can now hold a conversation with God: why did the Messiah come to Earth in the form of a helpless baby?
Have a wonderful weekend, and a peaceful Christmas!