But as noted in the post, that’s just one of many prophetic references to a Messiah found through the Bible. If you’re interested in digging deeper into the subject of Messianic prophecy (a very appropriate endeavor for Easter Week!), here are some helpful articles drawn from our library of devotionals:
- What Is the Very First Prophecy About Christ?
You might be surprised to learn how early on in the Bible we find the first mention of the Messiah.
- Did Paul Correctly Identify the Messiah?
A thorough look at the Scriptural evidence for the apostle Paul’s claim that Jesus is the Messiah.
- Is There Evidence That Psalm 22 Foretells the Crucifixion of the Messiah?
Some people dispute the claim that Psalm 22 is a prophecy about the Messiah. Is it?
- What Miracles Were Required of the Messiah?
What signs and miracles could be used to distinguish the real Messiah from a false one?
- What Physical Torture Would the Messiah Endure?
The Old Testament prophets spoke clearly not just about what the Messiah would accomplish, but what trials his mission would require him to suffer.