Keyword search results
- Genesis 1:26
Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
- Genesis 1:27
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
- Genesis 2:7
Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
- Genesis 2:8
Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
- Genesis 2:15
The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.
- Genesis 2:16
And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;
- Genesis 2:18
The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
- Genesis 2:19
Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.
- Genesis 2:20
So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals. But for Adam no suitable helper was found.
- Genesis 2:21
So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 395 Results
- ADAM » The first man. Creation of (Genesis 1:26-28;2:7; 1 Corinthians 15:45; 1 Timothy 2:13)
- ADIEL » A man of the tribe of Simeon (1 Chronicles 4:36)
- AFFLICTIONS AND ADVERSITIES » MISCELLANY OF MINOR SUB-TOPICS » Man is born to (Job 5:6,7;14:1)
- ANIMALS » Ordained as food for man (Genesis 9:2,3; Leviticus 11:3,9,21,22; Deuteronomy 14:4-6,9,11,20)
- ANIMALS » Suffer under divine judgments, sent upon man (Jeremiah 7:20;12:4;21:6; Ezekiel 14:13,17,19-21; Joel 1:1)
- ANIMALS » Firstlings of » See MAN, DOMINION OF
- ASAIAH » A Levite » Probably identical with a man of same name mentioned in (1 Chronicles 15:6,11)
- BARTIMEUS (BARTIMAEUS) » A blind man (Mark 10:46-52; Matthew 20:29-34; Luke 18:35-43)
- BEGGARS » INSTANCES OF » The blind man ( John 9:8)
- BEGGARS » INSTANCES OF » The lame man (Acts 3:2-5)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.