All the Men of the Bible - Monday, December 16, 2013
Eleazar [Ēle ā'zar]—god is helper.
- The third son of Aaron by Elisheba and father of Phinehas (Exod. 6:23, 25). He was consecrated a priest (Exod. 28:1) and was chief of the Levites (Num. 3:32).
- A son of Amminadab, set apart to care for the Ark after its return (1 Sam. 7:1).
- A son of Dodo, the Ahohite, one of the three chief captains of David’s army (2 Sam. 23:9; 1 Chron. 11:12).
- A son of Mahli, a Merarite, who had daughters only, who married their cousins (1 Chron. 23:21, 22; 24:28).
- A priest who participated in the dedication of the rebuilt wall (Neh. 12:42).
- A son of Phinehas, a Levite (Ezra 8:33).
- A son of Eliud and an ancestor of Christ (Matt. 1:15).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.
Have All the Men of the Bible delivered to your inbox!