All the Men of the Bible - Friday, December 13, 2013
Uzziel [Ŭz'zĭel]—god is strong. There are six Bible men bearing this suggestive name.
- A son of Kohath, son of Levi, kinsman of Aaron on his father’s side (Exod. 6:18, 22; Lev. 10:4; Num. 3:19, 30; 1 Chron. 6:2; 15:10; 23:12, 20; 24:24).
- A Simeonite who, in Hezekiah’s reign, led a successful expedition against the Amalekites (1 Chron. 4:42).
- A son of Bela, son of Benjamin (1 Chron. 7:7).
- A son of Heman, an instrumentalist, set by David over the service of song (1 Chron. 25:4).
- A Levite, son of Jeduthun, who assisted Hezekiah in his work of reformation (2 Chron. 29:14).
- The son of Harhaiah, a goldsmith, who repaired a part of the wall of Jerusalem (Neh. 3:8).
Members of the tribal family of Uzziel are spoken of as Uzzielites (Num. 3:27; 1 Chron. 26:23).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.
Have All the Men of the Bible delivered to your inbox!