- Are you a pastor or worship leader? Take a look at this free set of PowerPoint slides featuring nature scenes combined with Easter readings from the Common English Bible—one set for each Sunday of Lent, plus Good Friday and Easter.
- Mark Galli writes about giving up self-discipline for Lent. Ann Voskamp’s recent post about what Lent really means is a good companion read.
- Scotty Smith offers a prayer for a Gospel-saturated, grace-inundated Lent.
- Douglas Wilson challenges us to think more carefully about how we observe Lent. Are you “giving up” the right things, and for the right reasons?
- JoHannah Reardon has an insightful post about the unusual practice she gave up for Lent, and how she learned to trust God more completely as a result.
- Is Lent bringing you closer to Christ? Or is it simply a competitive personal challenge that won’t change you for the better?
- What does it mean to “daily take up your cross”? Bill Mounce talks about what self-denial looks like in the life of a believer.
That should be enough Lent-themed reading material to keep you busy for a few days. See you next week!
- Reminder: Lent is coming–sign up for our Lent devotions!
- What is Lent?
- Read through the Gospels during Lent: our Lent reading plan begins today!
- Journey to Easter With Our Lent Reading Plans and Devotionals
- Lent reading plan comes to a close
Posted by Andy