The Somali Bible is now available at Bible Gateway! You can find it in the Bible drop-down menu on BibleGateway.com, or start reading here:
- Start reading the Somali Bible in Bilowgii (Genesis)
- Start reading the Somali Bible in Matayos (Matthew)
Somali isn’t just spoken in Somalia—it’s spoken by approximately 12 million people, both in the Horn of Africa (Somalia, Somaliland, Djibouti, eastern Ethiopia, northeastern Kenya) and across Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and Australia. The first edition of the Somali Bible was published in 1979 by the Society for International Ministries—Kenya. An updated version (the version on Bible Gateway) was released in 2008. You can read more about the Somali Bible at its version information page.
Here’s Yooxanaa 3:16 (John 3:16) in the Somali Bible:
Ilaah intuu dunida jacayl u qabay ayuu siiyey Wiilkiisa keliya oo dhashay in mid kastoo isaga rumaystaa uusan lumin laakiinse uu lahaado nolosha weligeed ah.
We’re grateful to the Society for International Ministries—Kenya for making this translation available on Bible Gateway!
- New Danish, Castilian, and Hebrew Translations Now Available on Bible Gateway
- Mam language Bible now available
- SBL Greek New Testament now available on Bible Gateway
- “La Palabra” Bible Now Available on Bible Gateway (in Two Editions!)
- Nueva Traducción Viviente Bible now available on Bible Gateway
Posted by Chris