Here are some noteworthy links and stories this week:
- As you’ve no doubt heard by now, Apple guru Steve Jobs passed away on Wednesday. Although Jobs was a Buddhist, many of Apple’s products have dramatically changed the way we can read and access God’s Word. Has your Bible reading been affected by the iPhone, iPod, iPad, etc.?
- Although his death has been overshadowed by Steve Jobs’, take a moment to read about the remarkable career of Reverend Fred Shuttlesworth, a pastor and civil rights icon who also passed away on Wednesday.
- English Standard Version Bible translators debate the word “slave”—a video that provides an interesting glimpse at the process of Bible translation. (Via the Catholic Bibles blog.)
- The Gospel Coalition has unearthed an interesting eyewitness description of Martin Luther’s teaching style.
- As the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur approaches, First Things has posted some Christian reflections on Judaism’s High Holy Days.
- Link Roundup: Glo Bible, Well-Designed Bibles, and More
- Habakkuk, Computer Text Analysis, and More: Bible Blog Link Roundup
- The Gospel Coalition 2011 National Conference: carrying out the Great Commission in changing times
Posted by Andy