New International Reader's Version (NIRV Bible)
A Word about the NIrV
God has always spoken so people would know what he meant. When God first gave the Bible to his people, he used their languages. They could understand what they read. God wants us to understand the Bible today too. So we have worked hard to make the New International Reader's Version easy to read and understand.
The New International Reader's Version
The New International Reader's Version (NIrV) is a new Bible version based on the New International Version (NIV). The NIV is easy to understand and very clear. More people read the NIV than any other English Bible. We made the NIrV even easier to read and understand. We used the words of the NIV when we could. Sometimes we used shorter words. We explained words that might be hard to understand. We made the sentences shorter.
We did some other things to make the NIrV a helpful Bible version for you. For example, sometimes a Bible verse quotes from another place in the Bible. When that happens, we put the other Bible book's name, chapter and verse right there. We separated each chapter into shorter sections. We gave a title to almost every chapter. Sometimes we even gave a title to the shorter sections. That will help you understand what each chapter or section is all about.Is the NIrV an Accurate Bible?
At the time the Bible was written, God's people used the Hebrew and Greek languages. So the first writers of the Bible used those languages. We wanted the NIrV to say just what the first writers of the Bible said. So we kept checking what the Hebrew and Greek said.
We used the best and oldest copies of the Hebrew and Greek. Some of the first English Bible could not use those copies because they had not yet been found. But today we can check copies that are closer in time to the ones the first Bible writers wrote. We wanted to make sure we were giving you the actual Word of God.
What Is our Prayer for You?
The Lord has blessed the New International Version in a wonderful way. He has used it to help millions of its readers. Many have put their faith in Jesus after reading it. Many others have become stronger believers because they have read it.
We hope and pray that the New International Reader's Version will help you in the same way. If that happens, we will give God all of the glory.
Copyright © 1996, 1998 by Biblica
- Copyright. The NEW INTERNATIONAL READER'S VERSION® Text has been registered with the U.S. Copyright Office and is the property of Biblica, a Colorado nonprofit corporation, and is protected by the copyright laws of the United States and worldwide by various copyright and intellectual property laws and treaties. You do not acquire ownership rights to any NIrV® Text through the use of this Web Site. You agree to abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained on the Web Site. By accessing and/or using the NIrV® Text in any way, you acknowledge the validity and enforceability of Biblica's copyright in the NIrV® Text and agree that you will not in any way infringe, either directly or indirectly, Biblica's copyrights in the NIrV® Text.
- Trademarks. NEW INTERNATIONAL READER'S VERSION® and NIrV® are registered trademarks of Biblica in the United States and other countries. Biblica, the Biblica Logo, and BIBLICA.COM and the BIBLICA.COM Logo are trademarks and service marks of Biblica. All other trademarks, service marks, and logos used in this Web Site are the trademarks, service marks, or logos of their respective owners. Other trademarks of Biblica may be added from time to time on this site. In order to preclude confusion among our visitors, the trademarks and service marks of Biblica may not be used in any manner in connection with any product or service that is not a product or service of Biblica, without the prior written consent of Biblica. By using this Web Site, you acknowledge the validity and enforceability of the Biblica trademarks and agree that you will not in any way infringe, either directly or indirectly, the Biblica trademarks.
- Permitted noncommercial uses.
a) Individuals: You are permitted to reproduce the NIrV® Text solely for personal, non-commercial use, as described in this limited revocable license Agreement. For these uses, the NIrV® Text may be quoted in written format, up to and inclusive of 50 verses, without express written permission from Biblica, provided the verses quoted do not amount to a complete book of the Bible nor do the verses quoted account for five percent (5%) or more of the total text of the work in which they are quoted. This limited license may be revoked and/or modified at any time by Biblica in its sole and absolute discretion.
b) Churches and non-profit educational institutions: You are permitted to reproduce the NIrV® Text solely for personal, non-commercial use, as described in this limited revocable license Agreement. For these uses, the NIrV® Text may be quoted in written format, up to and inclusive of 500 verses, without express written permission from Biblica, provided the verses quoted do not amount to a complete book of the Bible nor do the verses quoted account for twenty-five percent (25%) or more of the total text of the work in which they are quoted. This limited license may be revoked and/or modified at any time by Biblica in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Copyright and trademark notices. Whenever any portion of the NIrV® Text is reproduced in any format, notice of copyright and trademark ownership must appear on the title or copyright page or opening screen of the work (as appropriate) as follows. If the reproduction is in a web page or other comparable online format, the following notice must appear on each page on which NIrV® Text is reproduced:
Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, NEW INTERNATIONAL READER'S VERSION®.Copyright © 1996, 1998 Biblica. All rights reserved throughout the world. Used by permission of Biblica.
NEW INTERNATIONAL READER'S VERSION® and NIrV® are registered trademarks of Biblica. Use of either trademark for the offering of goods or services requires the prior written consent of Biblica.
When quotations from the NIrV® Text are used by Churches for non-commercial and non-salable uses such as church bulletins, orders of service, or transparencies used during the Church service, complete copyright and trademark notices are not required, but the initial "NIrV®" must appear at the end of each quotation.
- Prohibited uses. Any use beyond the permission granted above, including but not limited to reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, performance, publication, or creation of derivative works of any NIrV® Text, is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of Biblica.
- Permission requests. Permission request for use of the NIrV® Text that exceed the above guidelines should be directed to, and approved in writing by Rights and Permissions Administrator, Biblica, 1820 Jet Stream Drive, Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80921-3696.
- Modification of Agreement Biblica reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any portion of this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time. Notification of changes in the Agreement will normally be posted on the Web Site.
- Governing Law and Forum. Biblica is headquartered in Colorado. This Web site (excluding linked sites) can be accessed from all fifty states, as well as from other countries around the world. By accessing this Site both you and Biblica agree that the statutes and laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to use of the NIrV® Text and/or of this Site. You and Biblica also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts sitting in the State of Colorado and the State of Virginia, at Biblica's option, with respect to such matters, and You hereby consent to extra territorial service of process, provided, however, that at the election of Biblica any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or your use of this Site shall be resolved solely by Christian conciliation as set forth in Paragraph 9 below.
- Dispute Resolution. Both parties desire to avoid dissipating resources on wasteful litigation and therefore agree to resolve disputes privately by good faith negotiation where at all possible. Any dispute, which the parties cannot resolve by negotiation, shall, at the exclusive option of Biblica, be submitted to Christian mediation and/or arbitration, under the rules of the Institute for Christian Conciliation, as currently set forth at . The Institute for Christian Conciliation, or any comparable entity designated by Biblica, shall also serve as the administrator for such proceedings. Any arbitration award issued by the mediator shall be final, binding, and enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction. You understand that these methods shall be Your sole remedy for any controversy or claim arising out of this Agreement or the subject matter hereof, and You expressly waive Your right to file a lawsuit or claim against Biblica for such disputes, except to enforce an arbitration decision. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Biblica may file a lawsuit in any court or other tribunal to enjoin any actions which violate Biblica's valuable intellectual property rights in the NIrV® Text and/or any Biblica trademarks. In any proceeding under this Paragraph, reasonable attorneys' fees shall be paid by the losing party. This provision shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- Severability. If for any reason a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Agreement, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the Agreement, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.