Keyword search results
- Genesis 49:24
But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,
- Exodus 17:1
[ Water From the Rock ] The whole Israelite community set out from the Desert of Sin, traveling from place to place as the Lord commanded. They camped at Rephidim, but there was no water for the people to drink.
- Exodus 17:6
I will stand there before you by the rock at Horeb. Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink.” So Moses did this in the sight of the elders of Israel.
- Exodus 33:21
Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock.
- Exodus 33:22
When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.
- Numbers 20:1
[ Water From the Rock ] In the first month the whole Israelite community arrived at the Desert of Zin, and they stayed at Kadesh. There Miriam died and was buried.
- Numbers 20:8
“Take the staff, and you and your brother Aaron gather the assembly together. Speak to that rock before their eyes and it will pour out its water. You will bring water out of the rock for the community so they and their livestock can drink.”
- Numbers 20:10
He and Aaron gathered the assembly together in front of the rock and Moses said to them, “Listen, you rebels, must we bring you water out of this rock?”
- Numbers 20:11
Then Moses raised his arm and struck the rock twice with his staff. Water gushed out, and the community and their livestock drank.
- Numbers 23:9
From the rocky peaks I see them, from the heights I view them. I see a people who live apart and do not consider themselves one of the nations.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 23 Results
1 Samuel 2:2
“There is no one holy like the Lord
; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock
like our God.
- AARON » His presumption, when the rock is smitten (Numbers 20:10-12)
- BOZEZ » A rock near Gibeah (1 Samuel 14:4)
- DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD » INSTANCES OF » When he struck the rock (Numbers 20:11,23,24)
- DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD » INSTANCES OF » Of Aaron, at the hitting of the rock by Moses (Numbers 20:23,24)
- ETAM » A rock where Samson was bound and delivered to the Philistines (Judges 15:8,11-13)
- ISRAEL » (Usually, in lists, the names of Levi and Joseph, » Water miraculously supplied from the rock at Meribah (Exodus 17:5-7)
- ISRAEL » (Usually, in lists, the names of Levi and Joseph, » Complain for lack of water in Meribah; the rock is struck (Numbers 20:1-13)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » NAMES, APPELLATIONS, AND TITLES OF » Rock (1 Corinthians 10:4)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » NAMES, APPELLATIONS, AND TITLES OF » Rock of Offence (1 Peter 2:8)
- JOKTHEEL » A name given by Amaziah to Selah, a stronghold of » Called "rock" in (Judges 1:36)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.